New “Wildfire” Phone App from ARC
Be ready for wildfire with Wildfire by the American Red Cross. Get the latest state-by-state Wildfire news and updates, prepare your family, home and pets, let loved ones know that you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an area that is susceptible to wildfires or has loved ones that do.
- Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after wildfires, even if no data connectivity.
- Wildfire News section with state-by-state links to all fire-fighting agencies’ Twitter feeds and websites ensuring the most recent developments on current wildfires.
- Click-to-call access to your state’s 511 network for the latest traffic information in case of evacuation
- Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
- Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
- Stay safe when the lights are out with the Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
- Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
- Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
- Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your wildfire knowledge with interactive quizzes.
- American Red Cross: There’s an App for That! (safetygator.wordpress.com)
- Red Cross Responding to Flooding and Wildfires Across U.S. (prnewswire.com)
- A Multi-Front Crisis for the Red Cross (usdailyreview.com)
- Join KMG in Donating to the Red Cross Relief Efforts for the Wildfires (kmglifeblog.wordpress.com)